Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there considered an artist in box restoration?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Addicted, I got two words for ya..... Duct Tape /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck finding your repair guy.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Apparently there are some good at couterfeiting. Perhaps you could convince one to go straight in the restoration business like the computer hackers who become IT security gurus. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Sorry, no good ideas on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if you were advised to leave the boxes alone just like not refinishing the guns, but it's an interesting question. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
671 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone out there considered an artist in box restoration?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that a good bookbinder well versed in the art of document and book restoration should be able to work on any kind of cardboard box. Just a thought.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes, these guys are:

http://www.fantasymasterpieces.com/

Take a look at their site. They are experts in paper restoration and their work on boxes of all sorts is really rather remarkable. Be aware that this expertise, like all true expertise, is not cheap and not fast. Nonetheless, if you have a very special box that needs help these are the guys that can do it.

Hope this helps you.

Charlie Flick

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Charlie et al,
Matthew at Fantasy Masterpieces has worked on a couple of boxes for me and did beautiful, museum quality work. However, he takes forever and it is difficult to communicate with him. A mutual friend of ours really thought Matthew had lost an original SM Ace box that numbered to a gun he had. He eventually got the box back (after many months) but it was not restored. He felt lucky just to get it back.

Regards,
Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts