Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to the forum and a Colt fan with a couple of Colt AR's, but the snake series being my greatest interest with a couple in the safe. Look forward to learning more from the group and continuing to add to the safe. Your input is valued as I am somewhat of a rookie!
:eek:Did Colt originally make the Kodiak & Grizzly in Bright Stainless Steel?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Welcome to our group of self professed Colt-aholics.We are all in different stages of recovery,at least that is what we tell our significant others.Enjoy your stay and be sure to share your knowledge.D*

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I am new to the forum and a Colt fan with a couple of Colt AR's, but the snake series being my greatest interest with a couple in the safe. Look forward to learning more from the group and continuing to add to the safe. Your input is valued as I am somewhat of a rookie!
:eek:Did Colt originally make the Kodiak & Grizzly in Bright Stainless Steel?
Welcome aboard and thanks for your first post. Colt has made pistols and revolvers in "Ultimate Bright Stainless" but the Grizzly & Kodiak, to my knowledge, were not among them. I have seen both in that form but they were no doubt polished by someone other than Colt. Their boxes, if offered for sale with them and not faked, will show stainless only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tony, thanks for the info on the Kodiak & Grizzly pistols. There is one of each for sale on GB and had my interest. Your quotation is the Greatest!!! I am a Eastwood fan with Josey Wales movie high on my list. Could you help me identify the pistols he carried in the movie? Particular interest in the one he carried in the shoulder /vest rig.

Rick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does a non-BSS gun that's been polished lose much value over a "regular" SS gun? I could see it going either way - a polished SS gun can look pretty darn nice, making it desirable (edit: like that Grizzly below! wow! If I won the lottery, I wouldn't hesitate to win that one!), but then, it's also not original and possibly looked at almost like a refinish?

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Tony, thanks for the info on the Kodiak & Grizzly pistols. There is one of each for sale on GB and had my interest. Your quotation is the Greatest!!! I am a Eastwood fan with Josey Wales movie high on my list. Could you help me identify the pistols he carried in the movie? Particular interest in the one he carried in the shoulder /vest rig.

Rick
Thanks Rick, check this out: Outlaw Josey Wales, The - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.