Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The challenger was my fathers i can remember shooting it back in mid fiftys. Like to know how good a gun and is before the woodsman.
Condition of the gun is great I belive is was manufactored in late 40's. Would like get a worth of the gun. like I said good shape and the bluing good shape for the age of gun

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
The challenger was my fathers i can remember shooting it back in mid fiftys. Like to know how good a gun and is before the woodsman.
Condition of the gun is great I belive is was manufactored in late 40's. Would like get a worth of the gun. like I said good shape and the bluing good shape for the age of gun
The Challenger was made from 1950-1955, along with various Woodsman models at the same time, but in its own serial number range with a -C suffix. It was the predecessor to the very similar Huntsman, which replaced it in 1955. It came with either a 4-1/2" or 6" barrel.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
You can find the year of manufacture of your Colt Challenger at proofhouse.com

railinsp, welcome to Coltforum.com!

Coltforum has lots of true Colt experts (unlike me; I am a Colt afficionado, not an expert), and they will happily tell you whatever you want to know about your fine Colt, but cannot possibly evaluate it without viewing multiple high quality macro photos, well lit, showing all angles of the gun, and particularly showing all markings and all defects on the barrel, frame, wherever there are markings - and marks.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts