Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While looking thru my Colt 25s today, I came across a Chamois Holster type that I have seen before - the Coin Purse kind. Also Packed with it was a Chamois Full Holster that came with my Colt M1903 c1925 Pistol - a well used dark lined flap Dress holster for a gentleman carry. I have never run across one similar, has anybody? Probably hard to see, but it has both a belt loop and a flap. Filed with the Coin Purse was a short article regarding a history of the Coin Purse. Jackson

Suede Holsters 10-10-19 003.jpg Suede Holsters 10-10-19 002.jpg Suede Holsters 10-10-19 006.jpg Sude Holster  take 2  10-10-191 001.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
I’ve never seen one like that second holster, thanks for posting it. If that’s the belt loop on the top I’m wondering if it wasn’t designed to be worn inside the pants, hanging down from the top loop although I guess the flap would preclude that. That’s what I’ve always loved about guns and holsters, we’ll never run out of new things to see.
Regards,
turnerriver

·
Registered
686 Posts
While looking thru my Colt 25s today, I came across a Suede Holster type that I have seen before - the Coin Purse kind. Also Packed with it was a Suede Full Holster that came with my Colt M1903 c1925 Pistol - a well used dark suede lined flap Dress holster for a gentleman carry. I have never run across one similar, has anybody? Probably hard to see, but it has both a belt loop and a flap. Filed with the Coin Purse was a short article regarding a history of the Coin Purse. Jackson

View attachment 657577 View attachment 657579 View attachment 657581 View attachment 657585
I'd label the leather as chamois. What is the source of the printed material? The author has written in the first person, which suggests he is a Colt authority?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you Red, I will change my description of the Coin Purse to Chamois. I will also try and find the source of the printed material below - which I did not reference at the time - unlike me to not include it with the article. I was more interested at the time in find the 1911 Alfa Catalogue which would date these Coin Purse Holsters.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good on you, Blackjack. Nice detective work on finding the source of that Holster info. I was also able to locate a reproduction of the 1911 ALFA Catalog (Adolf Frank Export Company). As soon as it arrives, I will follow up here with any additional info. And also thanks to Sam Lisker and his great website! Jackson

PS To Joe - That is the most number of Coin Purse Holsters that I have ever seen! Great Collection!

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tracked down the Chamois Coin Purse reference "1911 Alfa Catalog" noted above and found it to be somewhat underwhelming.
1911 Alfa catalog -Colt 25 Holster  10-22-19 003.jpg But here it is as circled; #537a, of light cow's leather, chocolate brown (I believe for the interior lining?) with clasp; 12.40 marks in 1911. Jackson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts