Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a trade on a Colt Cobra 38 2nd gen with shroud e-nickel 100% new in box. Sorry, I do not have a photo. This gun is untouched with box and all paperwork. It is nickel but not the shiny high gloss. It has a satin or brushed appearance. This gun is very hard to find in books or online. It is either refinished or very rare in e-nickel. The asking trade value is $1000 to $1200. Is this reasonable? Is the e-nickel more or less desirable by collectors that the high-gloss nickel? Any advise is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum.I would check the box label.IIRC it should be marked E-Nik on the label if it is truly E-nickel.If it is it's a very rare gun and would be very desirable to collectors.Someone will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong.JMO D*

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More info

Thanks for the reply, I agree your label assessment. If original and standard issue, the label should have "E NICK". IIRC, the label just had "N" or "NICK". If from the Custom Shop the box should have a yellow Custom Shop label. Correct?
Searching online, I have found one Colt Detective in e-nickel and it had a Custom Shop label. Can I conclude that all Colt Detectives and Cobras in e-nickel are non-standard and would only come from the Custom Shop or an after market refinisher?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.