Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first joined my purpose for doing so at the time was to get info on a Colt Cobra 4 inch I saw at a Gun-shop here in Puerto Rico. Revolvers here are super cheap and no one other than competitors care for them. I have always loved old Colt wheelguns with pencil barrels so when I found this piece for $250 I thought I had to have it. Do to gun-laws here I cant just go through the 4473-NICS and be on my way, we register guns ans use a licensing system which I am in the middle of. So my choice was either buy the gun and have my dad pick it up and have my mom kill me for using University money on another gun or mod the Beretta 92FS-PS my girlfriend has. I had to choose the latter. Maybe when I get back from Basic training the gun might be there still...

WP_20150409_001.jpg

·
Registered
485 Posts
@250, if nice and tight, that is a bargain. Many of the old S&W and Colt revolvers are "retired" customs, police, postal inspector etc. when found in Puerto Rico. My wife's uncle died some years back and left one just like the one in the picture. Worn daily, fired seldom. US customs service among others, once purchased their own weapon in PR and carried them legally as federal agents.

Good luck in basic.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@250, if nice and tight, that is a bargain. Many of the old S&W and Colt revolvers are "retired" customs, police, postal inspector etc. when found in Puerto Rico. My wife's uncle died some years back and left one just like the one in the picture. Worn daily, fired seldom. US customs service among others, once purchased their own weapon in PR and carried them legally as federal agents.

Good luck in basic.
That's what I was thinking. I have bought a s&w 19 before at that shop for just 350 in good condition and it was an old P&R gun too. It was probably a police gun.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As the saying goes, "Sometime the pain ain't worth the gain." I suspect
getting that gun back into the States will be tough.
While it is more of a pain in the ass than needed it is not something that will cost me extra nor need any paper work. I have to report that the gun will be leaving for the States and declare them at the TSA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts