Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through the forum and I could not find much help. I have a Cobra that was manufactured in 1969 it is a 2" barrel and I am looking for some softer rubber grips but I do not know which ones to buy. The only ones I can find are for "post 1971" so I do not know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has a link to where I can get what I need. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pachmayr&reg Pachmayr your primary source for quality handgun grips and recoil pads

Make: Colt
Model: Detective Special - Short Square Butt "D" Frame (newer small frame)

The CD-C Compac rubber baby bummers have to be the most comfortable stocks you can buy for the short butt D-frames. They're not much to look at, but boy are they comfortable.
So is this a "Detective Special" I just inherited this from my grandfather so I do not know much of anything about it except the grips are uncomfortable.

·
Registered
862 Posts
So is this a "Detective Special" I just inherited this from my grandfather so I do not know much of anything about it except the grips are uncomfortable.
What does the barrel say? It appears to have an alloy frame which would make it either a Cobra or an Agent. There was no difference between the Cobra and Agent of that vintage other than the stocks and the barrel roll mark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does the barrel say? It appears to have an alloy frame which would make it either a Cobra or an Agent. There was no difference between the Cobra and Agent of that vintage other than the stocks and the barrel roll mark.
The frame says Cobra, but the previous post told me to get the detective special grips. Are they inerchangeable?

·
Registered
862 Posts
The frame says Cobra, but the previous post told me to get the detective special grips. Are they inerchangeable?
Yes, your revolver is a Cobra. And yes the stocks are interchangeable between the later production short frame Detective Special, Agent and Cobra.

The Cobra, Detective Special and Agent are all D-frame revolvers. The Detective Special has a steel frame where the Cobra and Agent have an anodized alloy frame. That is why the frame has a jet black color finish that does not match the barrel, cylinder, and crane which are blued steel.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Big County, I'll sell you an excellent set of D frame pachmayr compacts for $12 shipped. They will fit your gun. If you do change them always save your original stocks as they may be numbered to the gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts