Colt Forum banner

Colt Cobra manufacture date & ?'s

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  WS23 
#1 ·
Colt Cobra manufacture date & ?\'s

Picked up a Colt Cobra the other day. Was wondering as to the year of manufacture (or where to look for it). Also did these come with Colt neopreme grips (like Pachmeyers)?
The S/N is C81671. Got it for $125.00, how did I do? Finish is at about 90% or so from holster wear.

#3 ·
Re: Colt Cobra manufacture date & ?\'s

That year Cobra never came with the rubber grips. It likely came with wood checkered grips.

Does this one have the shrouded or unshrouded barrel?

If it is the shrouded version it probably came with checkered walnut wrap around grips.

#6 ·

Really for $250.00, I got 2 guns. One was the Colt Cobra and the other was a Model 84 Beretta. Oh yeah, almost forgot they threw in two other revolvers, a H&A and a British Bulldog from the 1880's in the same deal.

#7 ·

Really for $250.00, I got 2 guns. One was the Colt Cobra and the other was a Model 84 Beretta. Oh yeah, almost forgot they threw in two other revolvers, a H&A and a British Bulldog from the 1880's in the same deal.

#8 ·

Sounds to me like you have a set of factory Colt D-Frame Compact grips (made by Pachmeyer) that were used on later model Detective Specials, also SF VI and DS II. Your 1973 Cobra with the shrouded barrel should have come with the wooden checkered wrap-around grips with no medallion.

I happen to like the grips you have on the gun now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.