Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at a Cobra to add but seems like the price on these has jumped since I last checked, seems like $700 plus is the going rate?? does that sound accurate and also if it has police engravings does that raise the value?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Not sure what you are looking for. But there is a newer Cobra for sale here on the forum for $450.00. Check the want to sell forum. Hope this helps.

Blade

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well just trying to get ideas as to current values, last time I checked they were running cheaper. I did look at the one on the WTS thread but already sold, thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
I bought one about a month ago in very good condition with the Colt hammer shroud & Tyler grip adapter for $700.00 out the door.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Value of my Cobra

I have found a decent deal on a Diamond back in my area. So I am thinking about selling one of my cobras to raise funds. Could someone help me out on the value of my cobra. It is in excellent condition nickel plated from the factory with stock grips no turn ring on the cylinder and has only had a hand full of round thew it from the day it was purchased. The origanl owner I got it from years ago lost the box in his move to Florida. so it is the gun by itself. Any help would be great just trying to further my snake gun collection.
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Vehicle Car Exhaust system Revolver Muffler Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
184 Posts
I picked up a mint cobra that's nickel from 1973. Gave 525 for it. 700 seems high I just bounce gun shop to shop until I find what I want

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Been looking at a Cobra to add but seems like the price on these has jumped since I last checked, seems like $700 plus is the going rate?? does that sound accurate and also if it has police engravings does that raise the value?
Dunno about the Police engraving (you mean a number someplace?) but I paid $400 for a very good looking shooter few years back. $700 seems way to high to me - that what most go for now? Hard to believe if they do.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Dunno about the Police engraving (you mean a number someplace?) but I paid $400 for a very good looking shooter few years back. $700 seems way to high to me - that what most go for now? Hard to believe if they do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree that $700 seems pretty high. I have a 1968 Cobra that, if I were going to sell (I'm not, by the way; it was a gift from my uncle, who carried it on his ankle when he was a cop in NY) I would probably ask around $400 or $450 for, and I'd expect to actually get around $350. That seems like a reasonable price for an aluminum-frame gun in very good condition that isn't either new nor truly vintage. Mine is all original and has the Tyler finger groove grip adapter, too, which I do not see as adding any value.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts