Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would throw up a picture of my Colts . No big dollor guns just good shooters .. What do the rest of you have ? Two of the pistols belong to my daughters . I passed them to them ten years ago . One other missing is a #92xxx I passed to my Son several years back . Good story on it -It was a "dug-up" that my Dad rebuilt in the late forties -early Fifties.I'll post more info on them tonight when I get home from work ....

Colt Collection- 2012.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Impressive. Certainly SAA's there that some of us would like to see close-ups of if you have the time and inclination. And I also would like to see/read more of that buntline/shoulder stock combo.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm only home for a few minites for lunch , but will sit down tonight and give you guys the info on what's there ...Larry

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok : Here is the info on the picture. My Dad got me started on Colts years ago . He was a Gun collector and loved his Colts . Dad was a regular customer at the "San Francisco Gun Exchange" Same place Clint Eastwood hung out .Any Way in the picture are three 3rd gen(Two are nickel with consecutive numbers ) I'm hoping to have them ingraved . 5 2nd gen 3 of them are 38 specails. 4 are 1st gen ( two belong to my Daughters -one is in the 24xxx range the other inthe 76xxx range ) the one not in the picture is in the 92xxx range and it was a "Dug Up" from the 1940's that my Dad rebuilt. There is one 1878 DA ( that i'm putting back together)it may cost more that it's worth. One original 51 Navy , one 2nd gen 51 Navy. One 1911a1 and my 22 Scout. The "Buntline with shoulder stock was a 38 specail -But when It got it it had been converted to 44 specail . So I put the buntline barrel on it and picked up a repro shoulder stock ...How does it shoot with the Shoulder stock ???? LIKE CRAP !!!! LOL but it's still fun .....

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Very nice collection. To most people, those would be "big dollar" guns. Most of the guys I know think I'm crazy when I tell em what I paid for some of my Colts. But it's just like the old Harley saying " If I have to explain, you just wouldn't understand" !

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone asked if I was a dealer ..No , just a collector . I wish I had the money to buy some Military colts .. But right now they are out of my reach . One new thing that happened -a year or so ago I was able to meet John Kopic at a local show . A very nice man . And he lives only a few hours away . I write to him every once in awhile with beginers questions . And have had him rebuild seveal hammers for me ....I have only one in the picture that I wont shoot ( the nickel / walnut grip) the rest are for shooting . I feel it's hard to enjoy them if you don't shoot them ...Even the 1st gen guns ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts