Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to put in a plug for the colt collectors association. If you aren't a member you should be if you like reading interesting articles and seeing pictures of all kinds of great colts. The magazines they publish several times a year is worth the cost of membership.

See attached pictures of the latest cover and table of contents to see what you are missing if you aren't a member.

60847599_2389787847923075_8455978899954728960_n.jpg 60587297_2389787831256410_7003880229890424832_n.jpg

·
The Consummate Collector
6,423 Posts
As a long time member of CCA I can attest to the high quality of the Rampant Colt magazine and it is certainly worth the price of the membership. CCA holds a show once a year on the first weekend of October and this year it is going to be in Frisco, Texas. For all of you who can make the drive, I would highly recommend attending the show. It's an all Colt show with a room full of terrific Colts to buy. If your a member, the admission each day is free.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The CCA last published a membership directory in 2010. The one before that was dated 2006. Don't know if a new one is in the works. They also publish new member's names, city and state in each quarterly magazine.

- - Buckspen
Remember seeing the name/city publishing for both Colt and Smith associations in past.
Seemed like not such a good idea to me at the time, especially in the internet age....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to their web site and the magazine does indeed look very impressive. I only have two Colts, but I figured that was good enough. (one Colt is a "sample", two or more Colts is a "collection") So, I went ahead and joined the association.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
I went to their web site and the magazine does indeed look very impressive. I only have two Colts, but I figured that was good enough. (one Colt is a "sample", two or more Colts is a "collection") So, I went ahead and joined the association.
You won't stop at two Colts...it's an affliction and we're just a bunch of enablers here. Maybe we're a support group but I think enablers better describes it.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I remember my best friends dad being a member since the mid 80s. Over the years, every time I would visit the house there'd be another copy of the Rampant Colt laying around and it's always stood out as one of the best, highest quality paper publications. Honestly, I should have joined a long, long time ago. Instead, I finally got off my butt and signed up this year, just enjoyed my first personal copy of the magazine and just yesterday in fact, got a groovy CCA name badge. I assume it's to wear in case you go to the annual show? With my schedule and location, the first show will be when they make it to Scottsdale next year.

I'm still very much a rookie in the Colt world, more of an accumulator than a collector, with just enough knowledge to only damage my wallet but, through opportunity knocking and actually being there to open the door, I stumbled into an old Colt that might be worthy of an article submission at some point. Nothing amazing or earth shattering, just historical and neat.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I am glad a few of you have joined, I am sure you will enjoy it. I joined in the late 80's or early 90's, last year was the first CCA show I went to. It was superb ! Colts, Colts and more Colts. I was in Colt Heaven. We went down Friday, this year we are going on Thursday as I felt I missed a little horse trading. I propose a Colt Forum Get together as I missed meeting a lot of forum members that were there. Maybe a cocktail hour or a breakfast .

Loved the show.

Craig

1 - 14 of 14 Posts