1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

What is the fair market price for a
Colt
Combat Commander XS model, not an XSE model?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes all original, with box and paperwork. I will get photos up in a bit. I am just curious on the value. I am not really planning on selling but I know they have discontinued the model.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
My guess would be in the same value range as the XSE, but with a slightly higher premium being a discontinued model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMG_0405.JPG IMG_0404.JPG

I have the original grips and screws in very good/excellent condition. Like I said, I was just curious on value. She is a sweet shooter. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
I had an XS Commander .45, but it had the standard sights which I liked.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Those models do have more value to some folk since they had the "beavertail" type grip safety I think Colt sourced from Caspian and some other bits that changed in later years. The most obvious visually is the "duckbill" grip safety Colt started to use. Here for example is a 2006 XSE LW Commander in 45ACP I bought new that year.

For value I would search gunbroker and other online sights and see what examples sale for, not what some people want for them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Are you an investor or shooter?If you're a shooter looking to sell or buy, a used pistol is worth slightly less than a new pistol - assuming that it is identical condition and even less as finishes wear, night sights age, and the springs weaken. If you are an investor looking to sell or buy, gambling that it will be worth more because it has different contractor parts in it or it has a stock number that isn't used any longer, then best of luck. Every field of collecting has limited production stuff that should bring a premium and doesn't, while something else that was ignored for years or decades - now commands a premium. Speculative buying of potential collectors guns is a very risky move, because future generations decide what is wanted, not the speculators.I'd say it is worth maybe $50 more than an average Commander in identical condition, if one has to have front slide serrations and the other parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neither really, just curious. This was a standard production model that is not in production anymore. I have tried to search for a value but have come up short.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts