Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am interested in a new Combat Elite, and will need to reload. Any things I need to know? Does this chamber bulge the brass? Lee Precision claims bulged brass is not safe to re-use, even after running it through their Bulge Buster.Not planning on any real hot reloads. Been running standard pressure reloads thru a WW1 1911 for years with no problems.What say you folks?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Everyday carry Knife Blade Multi-tool Tool

My CE is probably 3 years old now. Have never had any issues with it at all. Probably put 2K rounds, all factory, through it and have yet to see any bulged brass. Saving the factory grips. Added a WC MSH w/ lanyard loop. Wade fish for small mouth in some backwoods places and don't want to lose it. Shoots better than I do.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
All brass will expand and bulge to some extent, but not so much the .45 ACP. With that said if the sizing die is sizing the brass correctly then there is absolutely no reason for some special "Bulge Buster die" which BTW IMO Lee Precision is prone to market and peddle gimmick dies that are unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've owned a Colt CE for over 5 years, with no problems or bulged cases in untold # of rounds. I reload with Redding dies, and have never had a need for a "Bulge Buster". Don't know where your heard that baloney;):D

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I'm with Ken on this as well. I handload for the .45 ACP and put hundreds of rounds through my Combat Elite. Not one malfunction and no bulged brass with any load. Extraction and functioning have always been flawless. You'll love the pistol!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.