Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the replies about the KC.A guy I work with has a 357 brite sst,with Colt Combat on the barrel.Know one seems to have heard of this model in any gun shops around here.Pretty sad considering the Colt factory is here.Do any of you have any ideas what this is or heard of it before?Thanks again for letting me tap into your knowledge.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I suspect it's one of a limited run of the "Combat Cobra" produced for Lew Horton. The only one I have ever seen for sale was at a large flea market, and it looked like it had spent ten years rattling around under the seat of a busy farmers pickup truck....looked absolutely awful! I don't know of any documented evidence to support this number, but I seem to recall being told 750 of them were produced.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Almost forgot to ask if it matches the CC description. Is the barrel 2.5 inch long and does it have a much nicer set of grips(stocks to the purists among us)than normal?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.It has a 4 inch barrel and the stocks are nothing special, wood no finger grooves or checkering.They do have the Colt medallions on them and the finish is in nice shape.The guy does'nt shoot it much at all,just keeps it in a drawer at home .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw the guy today,sorry I was wrong it does have a 2.5 barrel like you said and is a Combat Cobra.Any idea what it might be worth?He is thinking of selling it.I don't have the coin to buy it whatever it is worth but could let him know if anyone out there is interested.Thanks again.Stocks are nicer than normal did not realize he put a different pair on than came with the gun

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Blue book is way low on that item.
Buy them ALL DAY long at Blue book prices for the Combat Cobra.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info GC.I will let my buddy know.Thought the price was a bit low(come on it is a Colt).If you are interested let me know,he has a kid on the way and is looking to sell.I am looking at a 2000AA(Iknow,not the best).Thanks again for your insite

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hmmmm...you know my Combat Cobra came in the blue plastic box as you know it's a fairly new revolver. Sellers know some buyers are looking for the box and goodies with the sale. I've watched several people buy boxes, paperwork, and tools to sell the gun at a higher price. There is a booming business of this on another forum.
As always the buyer should beware and do his/her homework on the sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts