Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Commander's from sight being a Trijicon was at "Half Life", so I contacted Trijicon and they are replacing the front sight for $19.95...Pretty good deal I thought...All I had to do is Send them the slide...USPS Small Flat Rate Box..

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
My Commander's from sight being a Trijicon was at "Half Life", so I contacted Trijicon and they are replacing the front sight for $19.95...Pretty good deal I thought...All I had to do is Send them the slide...USPS Small Flat Rate Box..
Does Trijicon have any "official" statement on how long their night sights remain viable? On other forums, I've seen talk that they last 8-12 years. Also read that the green ones last longer than others. I'm not sure how valid those "half-life" numbers are, though.

I have a set on my Glock (green ones), and absolutely love 'em. Had them installed a couple of years ago. The pistol lays on the bedside table at night, and when I roll over or glance that way, I see them glowing like cat's eyes in the dark. It's an oddly comforting sight. I do know they've gone up in price by about $35 since I bought mine. But they're worth it, I think.

If you're getting the front sight replaced for twenty bucks, that's a really good deal in my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts