Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
Ron, it could be ligit, but for that much money ask the seller for a better picture of right side of the barrel for the "CONN" and the "ordanance bomb" marking on the left. The stocks look too new and don't fit right. I it was less than $2k, I would take a chance on it if he sends you a copy of the letter. IMO

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
It appears correct but I would still want to see the letter before I bid on it. Mine sold for less but his seems in a little higher condition.

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Any As Is auction with no inspection period is always suspicious. This one certainly is. Maybe he is not showing the letter because the configuration shipped does not match completely. His avoiding sending answers to valid questions should be a turn off.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I am the other guy that has the 2inch Commando listed on GB Lettered and indeed a true 2 inch commando, these are rare and do not come up for auction very often.A picture of the Colt letter is on my auction as i was told by Colt there are allot four inch cut-offs out there . One more thing.... everyone seems too supicious about some auctions someone stated the grips look too new, well the grips on mine are perfect and look like they were just made. On most of the two inch models all the grips i have seen look this way ,that plastic if taken carfe of hold up really nice.

Marko

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
The seller of the Commando Jr. that the OP asked about has responded to me. He ordered the expidited colt letter and is awaiting its arrival. He is stating what Colt told him on the phone.

This looks ligit. although pricy IMO

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.