Colt Forum banner

Colt Commercial division up for sale???

990 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jwilson09 
#1 ·
Ran across some scuttlebutt on another forum that indicates that the commercial division of Colt is up for sale.

No specifics or attributable quotes were given so I was wondering if anyone here heard anything either way.

#2 ·
This is another case of the internet "grape vine" working over time.

I've checked, and there is 0,(zero) truth to this.
Colt has NOT been sold, is NOT going out of business, is NOT going to discontinue most guns, is NOT going to get a huge influx of money allowing them to start making all kinds of discontinued guns, is NOT going to start having all guns made in Japan, is NOT going to make a plastic 1911, and is NOT going to resurrect Samuel Colt and have him beat the dog &#@^$ out of Sara Brady on national television during the Super Bowl.

(Well we could hope for that last).

#3 ·
I haven't been back by over here to say it, but the thread from which my question arose got a refutation later the same night.

It all started with one person saying that Colt refused a large order for 1000 or so guns. Someone else coughed up with the sale story and it went from there.

Apparently something about the order was not understood so it wasn't processed and this was taken as a refusal. The situation was figured out and the order processed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.