Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friends father bought this at Tulsa many years ago before passing away. He has no idea what it's worth and either do I so I thought it wise to ask on the forum. All the conversion units I've ever seen were polished blue and not parkerized like this one plus there is no floating chamber which makes me think this may be pre war. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mag318,

It is not a Conversion Unit,---it is a Colt ACE top end. With two postwar Colt Conversion Unit magazines.

Best Regards,
Stan, what about the box, I take it that doesn't belong to the parts? Also does this top end have any value?

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Stan, what about the box, I take it that doesn't belong to the parts? Also does this top end have any value?
I've seen these top ends listed on eBay on occasion, usually listed as a Conversion Unit. It hard to place a price on it but the magazines go for around $100.00 + or -. The box has some value but it is a later vintage : 1950's-60's.
The ACE parts, being refinished, would sell on an auction for at least $500.00 imo. I'm just guestimating here as I do not recall what the final bids were on the listings I've seen, but the average price for a Conversion Unit seems to be around $500.00.

The actual value depends on the buyers interest or desire to have these parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts