Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions about the Colt Cooper 175th anniversary rifle? They look good on GB, but minimum starting bids seem to range from $2,900 up. I would appreciate input from anyone on quality, price, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have personally seen one, and a boxed consecutive S/N one. Every bit Cooper Quality, impressive priceless wood. Now there are supposedly only 175 of them. At the time of them being released President/CEO of Colt was presented with The 1st one, and the last one went with the owner of Cooper? So $2,900 and up not unreasonable, seeing current prices of Coopers today.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Saw this and was wiping off some rifles and took this one out of the sock and thought some might enjoy seeing something a little different. It is number 174 out of 175. What makes it different is I had a fairly nice blank and sent it up to Cooper when they were building these and I had some help getting this done obviously. Now why this is a one of a kind on the Anniversary rifle is the checkering pattern. During discussions with the folks at Cooper about this got a phone call from the shop manager after he got the blank I shipped and asked if they could do a different checkering pattern with ribbons because the wood was too nice to use the regular pattern. I said heck yes go ahead and this is the result. It is documented as these rifles shipped from Cooper to my FFL.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Beautiful...absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Never heard of the Colt Cooper 175th anniversary rifle until now. Are they all the same caliber?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.