Colt Forum banner

Colt CSR 1516

Tags
1516 colt csr
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  texasgrendel 
#1 ·
I am considering a Colt CSR 1516, but since it is fairly new model there isn't much out there as far as reviews, evaluations, etc. Anyone have any experience with this model as far as owning or handling one? I know these are assembled by Bold Ideas under a licensing agreement with Colt. That is not entirely a bad thing though. Bold Ideas has a reputation to uphold as do most "newer" companies, so quality "should" be good. I just would like some feedback from folks who may have handled one before I bite the bullet on this one. Any feedback would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I have a CRX-16 and it is a great rifle. The CRX-16 lives up to the Mfg's accuracy claims. It is a very tight rifle. Fit and finish are well above average. The trigger originally broke at crisp 5 3/4 lbs. A JP spring kit brought it down to 4 1/2 lbs. The muzzle break works. The price difference between the two models was around $300 at my LGS if I remember correctly (no guarantee on my memory these days) and was well worth it to me. The quality between the two rifles should be equal and you should be very happy with either.

#3 ·
Thanks. The FA and dust cover (which I never use) are missing on the CSR but will not be missed by me. As you said, a set of new springs may help the trigger. I've been toying with the idea of spending the extra $ on a Daniel Defense V7. I just don't know that given the cost of 223 ammo now that I will shoot it the AR-15 enough to justify the DD. I'm sure my S&W 15-22 MOE will see more action due to ammo costs. Thanks for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.