Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt that I bought in 1998. It was marketed as a Colt Custom Competition. The model number is 05070CCC, and it has COLT CUSTOM on the left side of the slide. It came with a Gold Cup Trophy manual, and as best I can tell, it is a Trophy. CDNN had a supply of these guns at the time and said they were a contract order/special run for the Thailand government which was never paid for, and the guns were finally liquidated to the U. S. market. I have not found any references to this gun anywhere, and have never seen another one like it. Does anyone else have one, know how many were produced/sold, or know anything further about it? Here's a picture of it:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well I don't know much about this model but I do know one thing, that is a slick looking piece! Very nice! I would probably buy one if I saw one available (for a reasonable price). Sorry I can't be of any further help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm posting photos of my similar piece here as an archive reference to replace the lost photo above. The OP here has the best direct knowledge of the pistol, so it seems appropriate to have the photos here. I'm considering contacting Colt for a letter, and any other info they can provide. If I do, I will post that here as well. Thanks to Blokey for pointing to this interesting comment.
1911ccc1.jpg 1911ccc2.jpg 1911ccc3.jpg 1911ccc4.jpg

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
phm14, Just give Colt a call and provide the serial number and they'll give you the manufacture date (well their "it looks like it was made in....") . I'm just guessing but other than maybe a "limited" run on this particular model there is nothing terribly unusual about it except the lack of right slide markings? It's definitely a very sharp looking pistol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
phm14, Just give Colt a call and provide the serial number and they'll give you the manufacture date (well their "it looks like it was made in....") . I'm just guessing but other than maybe a "limited" run on this particular model there is nothing terribly unusual about it except the lack of right slide markings? It's definitely a very sharp looking pistol.
Thanks, I thought so as well. From what we see here, I'd guess mid nineties production, but that would be good to nail down. I'm also hoping to verify the contract origin and production number, but I'm certainly no expert when it comes to obtaining archive info from Colt. Any tips there? Seems to me that Colt letters usually pay for themselves in added value, but don't include the info I seek here. The more I learn about an uncommon piece, the more it seems to interest me. I'm a collector, not a dealer, so I don't buy these things to flip.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I letter will tell you, besides verifying s/n, caliber, barrel length, finish, Type of stocks, Shipped to, Address, Date of Shipment and Number of same type guns in shipment. You have to ask specifically for manufactured date. Now, whether it was a contract piece or how many where made is hard to pin down unless it was a very unusual run of that model. Sometimes one of our members has an early S/N and one might have a late S/N and one can form an opinion/guesstimate on numbers but that's about it. I've one SAA who I knew who it was shipped to and the production date and obviously barrel length, etc but I ordered a letter anyway as it can (and in my case will) make the piece more valuable. The thing is, I never sell a Colt, or haven't as of today ;) . Good luck in your quest, that's the fun of this Colt thing :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts