Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Do you have a question about this label?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no question at all. it is a very interesting label to have come from Colt, more like a for sale sign

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
no question at all. it is a very interesting label to have come from Colt, more like a for sale sign
It's a "standard Issue" label supplied with guns that came from the Colt Custom Shop. These labels are usually placed directly over the original label but sometimes they actually replace the original label. There are "counterfeit" labels out there though...

That is a VERY nice model. Can we see pictures of the gun?

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
If we are critiquing this label for its authenticity, well, I would have to say that a Colt Ace produced in 1981 would not have been delivered in a blue plastic case. Next, I have never seen a Colt Custom Shop piece packaged in a blue plastic case with a label like this one. Finally, the color of this label is of a very different shade of yellow when I compare it to my known original Custom Shop labels.

So, if this is a photo from a sales listing of a Colt Ace, and the seller has advertised it as original Colt packaging, then I would shy away from it.

Is this from a sales listing?

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
I agree with Kanatak. I've also never seen a Custom Shop label that end with the phrase "from the Custom Shop"....

·
Premium Member
9,514 Posts
All of the Custom Shop labels I have seen have been typed, not hand-printed. The blue plastic boxes did not appear until the 1990s as I recall. I have been trying to think of how this box and label got together in a legitimate way, and cannot think of any way.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
It also doesn't match any of the hand writing samples I have or seen.

"So, you gonna fish or cut bait?":rolleyes:

·
Registered
725 Posts
It also doesn't match any of the hand writing samples I have or seen.

"So, you gonna fish or cut bait?":rolleyes:
That label SCREAMS "FAKE". Whomever wrote out the blank fake label from fake Colt Box Guy clearly needed a stiff drink or didn't take their meds.

It appears as if the GENIUS put the blank label on the box first THEN attempted to write on it. The bumpy texture on the case then distorting his cheating handwriting.

They also would never have put the date or used " " around anything on the labels. That's just silly.

All Custom shop labels I have seen have also been TYPED not HANDWRITTEN.

The color and sheen is off too.

See? Same as those from fake Colt Box Guy...

Colt Custom Shop Label Python Diamondback & All : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

You can buy this gem for a LOW LOW price of $4,500.00!!!

http://www.gunsinternational.com/CO...-with-IVORY-GRIPS-N-I-B-.cfm?gun_id=100256049

Have fun and be safe.
Nightshade2x

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
others pretty much summed it up, it's a fake label in every respect on the wrong box.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
and i'll add that the guy selling it is either very naive or a world class scammer, you can decide which.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts