Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about we starta D frame forum here on the board? I like all Colts but the D frames are the most interesting and have a great history

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Well, here's some comments. Several members have an avowed preference for D frames. They were pretty much my focus when I started accumulating. When the suggestion for additional categories came up previously, it was pretty much felt, especially by forum admin, that it would fragment the participation, which indeed was lower at that time. The point was that members would be inclined to look at only the category that interested them the most and miss the opportunity to be introduced to new horizons or gain increased appreciation for other models, etc. I have other autos but no Colts and no Colt long guns and I tend to ignore those categories too much until I force myself to look and learn something new. Neither have I been an SAA or older model afficianado, but with the revolver topics mixed in, I have been inspired to look and learn. You might also notice that there are some instances of "misposting" in current categories so there might just be more mixing anyway. I realize the claims are somewhat subjective, but that's pretty much where it went last time. However, it certainly doesn't hurt to reconsider proposals from time to time and I suspect you will get a number of responses. This one was both FYI and JMHO. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
A1A probably makes some good points. I'm a D-frame addicionado myself, but read EVERYTHING while not really spending much time with long guns. Until I found this forum I was beginning to think I was the only D-Frame fan in the world. It seemed to me everyone else was fussing over Pythons or 1911's. Nice to know I'm not alone.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A1A I guess you are right I do enjoy the whole forum and have learned from all the different posts. Maybe we just need to talk about D frames more and keep learning from each other

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I like the way things are.
Like A1A wrote: it gives one an opportunity to widen ones horizon.

When I first joined up I was only interested in D-frames and Diamondbacks in particular.
But in time I have learned much about other types of Colts and am enjoying them as they each are getting discussed on the board.

Breaking up the revolversection (or other sections for that matter) will dispurse interest and won't do this forum any favors.

I do wonder though why the long gun section doesn't get more interest. Is the Colt AR-15 communitee somewhere else on the net?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I think that is indeed the case, Gunsmoke. there seem to be lots of other forums devoted to AR's and their clones. For some reason the folks on this forum seem to be less interested.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
That's just to bad.

I will be needing advise on AR-15 in the far future because that will be the last gun I will be adding to my collection.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I wouldn't be overly concerned gunsmoke. I'm quite sure when you post a thread on ar's you'll find a lot of very knowledgeable people here. I'm just not one of them, since I seem to be stuck on d frames.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts