Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The third item dowm on the DVD videos section of this web page is a:

"Gunsmithing The Colt D, E, and I Frame Double Action Revolver Companion videotape to the book: The Colt Double Action Revolvers - A Shop Manual. Volume I. VHS video tape. $24.95"

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/books.htm#DVD_Videos

Has anyone ever watched or used these Colt gunsmithing videos? Would this be a good source to obtain a fair knowledge on the inner workings of the Colt DA?

It says it is the companion to the Shop Manual. They also have a shop manual listed on this same web page, but I'm not sure if it's the one related to the video.

"Colt Double Action Revolvers - A Shop Manual, Vol. I Volume I covers Colt’s D,E, & I frame double action revolvers by Jerry Kuhnhausen. $39.95"

I don't intend to work on Colt DA's, I just want something to learn as much as I can about how they function.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark A.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Sounds like another classic chance to compare the book and the movie to me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I had noticed that somewhere before and it looked interesting. Notice in the small print they recommend you read the book first. They're determined to sell you both. I guess the bottom line is the book is the bible and school's still out on the movie. Let us know. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts