Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Colt Defender 45 ACP and it came with three magazines. One has a black anti-tilt follower in it and the other two have the metal orange followers in them. My question is what is the best replacement spring and follower kits out there for the 7rd 45 ACP Defender Mags. I would like to have the plastic followers as well. Does Wilson make a kit for them? Thanks and God Bless!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought kits from Tripp research. I like them a lot. Very reasonable about 9 bucks each I think. Much better than the stock.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The orange metal followers can gouge your feed ramp on a Colt Defender; at least I think that is what gouged the feed ramp on my .45 ACP Colt Defender.

Now, I use the Wilson Combat magazines, and have 100% reliability with hollow point ammo.

Plastic followers will not gouge your feed ramp.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The black anti-tilt follower sounds like a CheckMate Patented follower. The orange ones are probably the older style Devel follower; this can tip forward and mark-up the frame. All 3 of your magazines might be CheckMates; if there is a "C" on the bottom they are.

My first Defender had Metalform magazines with a orange plastic follower. The second one I owned had the C-Ms with the orange Devel type followers. My brothers Defender has the black CMI Patented anti -tilt followers.

CheckMate sells spring/followers kits too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All three magazines are from Colt as stamped on the bottom. I would prefer the plastic followers and tripp seems like a good choice. Thanks and God Bless!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts