Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before leaving the range today I looked at a Colt Defender Series 90 Light weight, SN DR155xx. The owner indicated he might accept $650 or a little less if I'd take it with me. I'm new to 1911 style pistols, having only recently purchased a Colt/Walther .22 and a PARA .45. Is the Defender primarily a CCW or is it a reasonable range gun as well? Opinions appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
650 or under is a great price. At a gun show a few months ago I saw a used one with all the papers and with 3 magazines. The guy was asking $1000 which I thought was too high. Saw it again at another show (same guy) with 2 magazines and he was down to 950. Never saw the gun again but did see the dealer, never did ask him what it eventually sold for. Does your buddy have extra mags/ box/etc? Mine handles all ammo (reloads/hollowpoints, etc) without problems. Its meant to be a ccw gun, is rather small and light, so a range gun? I wouldn't call it that but it still is fun to shoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.