Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one tell me if the screw that is coming thru the bottom hole of the trigger, looks like a trigger stop? If so were these standard on 1989 DE's, or any year, or was this added, or is it something else all together, It is hard to tell in the photo because you can not zoom in, but the trigger opposite the screw, which is threaded, is counter bored, slightly,(1/16" or so) to accept set screw.? Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't claim to be an expert, but I would have to say it was added and not standard on the DEs in 1989. I base this on the fact that mine came with a solid blued trigger ( no holes) from the factory. That looks more like a competiton adjustable or commander type trigger. Unless it is a Gold Cup ( can't tell from pic) and then it could be from the factory. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
mine has a solid blue trigger.But mine is just a delta elite and not the Delta gold cup blue,the gold cup has that trigger in the
picture.
the finish on the pictured elite does not look right,maybe just a bad picture. just an observation that's all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My guess would be the trigger is not original. My Delta Elite made in 1988 has the solid (smooth) blued trigger. I would also venture to say the rear sight is not stock either. It should have come with a GI style fixed rear sight. The grip safety is definitely an upgrade. They did not come with a beaver tail style.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
... the gold cup has that trigger in the picture.
No is does not. A Delta Gold Cup trigger does not have holes like the picture. The rear sight pictured is not an Accro rear sight as used on the Delta Gold Cup. The pictured pistol is not a Delta Gold Cup. The pictured pistol has an aftermarket rear sight and trigger and aftermarket stocks that have had Delta medallions installed. The pictured pistol has been modified. If you have not already bought it, the purchase price should be reduced significantly due to the modifications.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
the whole gun has been refinished with several added after market parts. there is nothing original regarding that pistol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Delta Elite

Yes I know the pistol was refinished by someone before me, and priced accordingly. It is going back to CCS to have the blue finish removed, and returned back to stainless steel. Just wanted to know about the trigger stop. Also, I never said it was a Gold Cup, it obviously is not. Someone replying to the post mistakingly did. It is just a aftermarket night sight on the rear, whch is also being returned to stock. I asked a tech question, not your opinions on what you thought my pistol was worth, and whether you would have purchased it or not. But thanks for your thoughts any way.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
... or is it something else all together ...
With several questions run together, it was hard to tell just what you wanted to know. The reference to not being able to "zoom in" on the picture made it sound like you were evaluating the gun for purchase by reference to a photograph. Sorry to make an incorrect assumption.

By what process was a stainless steel gun made "blue?" Are you sure the gun was not blue originally?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes it was hard to tell that you were looking for a value. I thought you were just asking about the trigger and it's correctness. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
No problem, sorry to get offended so easily. Bad day. I dont know what process the gun was blued. I got it that way 14 years ago, and it has sat unfired since. It is a very slighly textured material. It has chipped a small pea sized area around the rear of the slide/trigger area, and the shiny stainless is easily seen. And halvenut, just for clarity sake, I was not looking for a value on the gun at all. I paid zero for the gun, and my cost of the gun will only be what I pay choose to pay on restoring it.I just worded my my orig. posr poorly yesterday, sorry. But now that we are on the subject, I guess used DE's are bringing around $800, right? Whether this one would, thats another story. I called Colt, the gun was originally strainless(model #02020) when shipped in 1989, according to them when I called yesterday. They told me the custom shop could remove the finish that was applied to the gun, and restore it back to the stainless finish. At the same time, I will have them go over it, and make sure the previous owner did not make any changes that made the gun unsafe, or less accurate, etc. However, if some of the changes enhanced the gun, such as the trigger pull, which feels awfully crisp, I will leave it be. I do not have another DE trigger to compare it to. I also want to make sure that the recoil springs in the gun are correct to deal with any issues of the early Delta's frame issues, and recoil. But to anyone's knowledge, there was never a trigger stop on any model Delta, am I safe in saying that? Thanks. The attatched photo shows the finish under the chipped away blue finish, and the factory stainless that lies beneath. Also, has anyone ever seen these grips as factory before, or are they off of something else, with the emblem stuck in them?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
But to anyone's knowledge, there was never a trigger stop on any model Delta, am I safe in saying that?
To say "there was never a trigger stop on any model Delta" is too broad, because the Delta Gold Cup DOES have a trigger stop. This gun is NOT a Gold Cup.

Also, has anyone ever seen these grips as factory before, or are they off of something else, with the emblem stuck in them?
As I stated in my earlier post, the stocks ARE aftermarket with Delta medallions installed.

Upon a closer look at the pictures, the finish looks like a coating of some kind, and apparently not a durable one. I suspect that paint remover would remove it.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
FWIW: The safety lock and slide stop appear to be King's, and me thinks the grip safety might be also. The sights look very much like the MMC sights that were available yesteryear.
DS serial number= Delta Stainless
DE serial number= Delta Elite (blue)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
If the safety lock, slide lock stop, and grip safety were KIngs, and properly installed(which they seem to all function properly), would these have been upgrades to the gun that someone was trying to make? Do they enhance the gun, or detract, generally speaking. I understand that everyone is different. But would the person have done the work, including a trigger stop, do detract from the guns performance. If thay did, I will dicide whether to sell the gun for what I can get for it, and buy a new DE, or start resoting it to stock. If these are ugrades, I will let them be. I'm not trying to be confusing or difficult with you guys, this is the hand ( or gun) I was dealt, and I appreciate you trying to help me. Also, I attatched a photo. Does someone know the name or part number of the checkered end of the recoil guide rod that protrudes from the end of gun, under barrel and barrel bushing, that I think I am missing? Link tp photo below. Thanks again.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts