Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Delta 10mm Gold Cup

Just wondering if any one knows what years and how many were made?
And mine is Stainless, But were there any made in blue?

I have seen serveral lately with the Wrong Grips. My Delta Gold Cup has panel type Rubber Delta Grips (Not The Wrap Around Type) Why are some I'm seeing have the "wrap-Around" Type? Are they just incorrect replacements or did some come with wrap-arounds?

·
Registered
88 Posts
My blue book says that they were made from 89'to 93' and then re-released in 95' & 96'and yes they were made in blue finish too. Also the only types of grips listed are wrap-around rubber grips....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks For The Info. Mine must be a early version. Its in the Redish card board box with stro-foam insert. I guess the later models would have been in Tupper Ware?

And the wrap arounds doesn't make much sense on a grooved front grip strap of the early Gold Cups? And they look never "CUT"? Mine look original and the gun was bought new by a good friend that doesn't know a Grip from a rear sight. And I know he never removed the grips, he could barely figure out how to put ammo in a clip! Thank GOD for Revolvers!

Again THANKS for the GREAT Info!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew I had seen some of the Delta "Panel" Grips before, a few years back. And now on My Delta Gold Cup.
I was surfing Gun Broker a few minutes ago, and there is a Delta on there with the Delta "Panel" Grips, like mine. I didn't think to write down the Auction No. but easy to find, there isn't but a hand full of Delta's Listed.

Just can't figure Colt would cover the Front Grip Strap Serations on the Delta Gold Cup up with wrap-a-rounds? Doesn't make sense?

I'd like to find out more about the Delta 10mm Series. Anyone Know of any Books, Catalogs, Magazines of that period, ECT?

I also wonder if any With the Delta "Panel" type Grips are shown in the Colt Catalogs From the years 88-93? If any of you guys have these years catalogs. I'd love to know!

THANKS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts