Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted about two weeks ago about quandry over whether to buy Colt DS or S&W Model 36. Ended up buying a 1962 S&W Model 36 while waiting for the Colt Det Spec. to arrive. Just got the Colt Det Spec. Serial# A332XX. The Colt fits my hand much better than the S&W and the trigger pull appears to be much better than the S&Ws. Although I realize that these are subjective observations I really am more impressed by the Colt. By the way the Colt was purchased from RM Vivas and it was a good if not better than the discription of it his site. I guess I'm a Colt fan after all these years of waiting to start to acquire vintage revolvers in which I thought I'd prefer the S&W. Can anyone also tell me the year of manufacture for the Colt?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
blue
Nice choice......1969.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT JOIN THE NRA
JUST IN CASE!

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 01-23-2004).]

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 01-23-2004).]

·
Registered
44 Posts
I prefer both. The S&W J frame works for me much better in the pocket. My Colt Agent is better in a holster with an extra round to boot. The Agent does fit the pocket well just a little bigger and more noticable. All in all I would be very happy with either. You did good and have the perfect balance in my opinion.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FotoTomas (edited 01-29-2004).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts