Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seasons greeting to all , was just looking at a used detective special with a hammer shroud , now the pistol is blued blue but the shroud is a darker flatter color , is this correct ??please asdvise rj

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Was the shroud aftermarket or a factory one? The factory shroud has the Colt emblem and most I have seen are blue. I guess aftermarket shrouds can be any shade.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've had three Colt shrouds. All were blue and all had the Colt "pony" on them. I had one polished so that it would match the finish on my Magnum Carry.

John

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a nickel 1965 ds with a bear allu colt shroud on it you have to keep it polished to look good with the nickel finnish.

·
Registered
13 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 101marine:
I've been looking FOREVER; where can I get a factory hammer shroud for my Detective Special?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a nickel one with drill bit, tap and three nickel screws that I tried to sell here before and still have for sell if anyone is interested. 101marine will get first crack at it.

Tom Hughes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts