Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
You did very well for a 3 in D.S.. As a fellow lefty I did very well getting holsters on EBay Got a Desantis NOS IWB Holster in the bag for 15 dollars and a leather Hip holster with retention strap for 25 dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
$600 for a DS - so so. $600 for a 3" DS - excellent.
So how good a deal did I do for a 4" DS in box from 1966 for $500. (Oh crap its a Police Positive Special ):eek:. Interesting what an inch and bbl. markings can make for the same basic gun.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Mark, congratulations, that is a wonderful deal on a 3" DS.

SAE, you did well also, if your PPS is a high condition gun.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone.... should i shoot it or not? No box or papers with this one... I Shoot all my Colts except a pristine Python & Diamondback, i'm not the safe queen type of guy. I really take good care of all the Colt revolvers i do shoot, clean oil and wax when needed after range time.

Marko

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you definitely should shoot it. If it were mine, I would avoid two things for sure: 1. Holstering and 2. Shooting cast lead bullets. #2 there is just my opinion. You will get the "raccoon eyes" on all revolvers around the front of the cylinder, but the lead bullets seem to leave a lot more build up and you can't use the lead removal cloth on a blued revolver.

I shoot my Python sometimes, but only with jacketed or plated factor ammo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts