Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 1974 nickle Colt Detective Special that came with the stock wood grips but also a set of authentic Colt mother of pearl grips. They're very pretty but I'm not sure I'm a mother of pearl grip guy. I was wondering what the grips by themselves might be worth.

·
Premium Member
21,833 Posts
If they have the Colt medallion in them, they should be worth quite a bit more than if they are just plain pearl. Since pearl has a tendency to chip,and since people often put medallions in pearl grips (and don't do a good job at it), it would be a good idea to post a picture so some of the experts can do a better evaluation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do have the Colt medallions and they look like they are fitted perfectly. Also, rather than one piece, they have an additional "backing" piece of pearl material at the bottom of each side of the grips so they come together below the frame. I'll take some pictures this evening and that should be the best way to describe them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.