Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did not find an 'official' DS photo thread. If there is one, please include this. If not, please Colt fans, have at it.

Many of us love the little snubbies and, to me, there's no better snubnose than the well-built and beautifully proportioned Colt Detective Special.

This was my first ever Gunbroker purchase. Vintage 1975.

012.jpg

colt detective special 002.jpg

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I'd be happy to bring that '76 Detective Special into service but I'm not into just having a gun and not using it.

Here's my circa 1966 Detective Special with a recently added Tyler T-Grip. Lots of folks love the look of T-Grips but I think they look dreadful. They do add a good measure of control and shoot-ability to a revolver without having to go to tacky, clingy, and unappealing rubber grips.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Colt Detective Special, Third Issue, LNIB, Nickel Finish, .38 Special

I am still deciding whether or not I should fire this supposedly LNIB snubbie, in mint condition. I am also still trying to figure out how to post photos.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
And here's the "not so Plain Janes";:

Pre DS 38 Spl:

DS 38 Spl Factory "D" engraved:

DS 38 Colt New Police:

Are these factory engraved? Whether they are or aren't they are all incredible. I especially love the first one. I have to say I prefer engraved revolvers where the fluting is left UN-engraved. It really looks much better to me. When the flutes are engraved it looks a little too much. When the flutes are plain it really sets off the rest of the engraving and is far more impacting.
But they are all amazing regardless.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Slow day stuff ....

I've been waiting for a slow day to post this one.

Its a Postwar Factory Nickel Colt DS w/ letter that shows its shipment to Lou P Eppingler, Inc. of Detroit Michigan on July 28, 1952.

Comes with a wonderful vintage holster of unknown make ...

MVC-026S.JPG MVC-027S.JPG MVC-028S.JPG MVC-029S.JPG

it needs to be polished out in places / hope you like it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Colt Detective Special 1949

I have posted a picture previously, but I wanted to include a "pretty neat" wallet style holster.

I have bought three or four of them for different "carry pistols". The company makes them
specifically for the particular weapon you are interested in carrying. I hope the photos will
do them justice.

The company: Pocketholster.com
Phone: 1-800-424-9352

Restorations 9-16-11 001.jpg Restorations 9-16-11 002.jpg Restorations 9-16-11 003.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Charles:

Being computer challenged I could not attach the photos of the "carry holster" on the private message.
I posted a couple of picture on this 'thread'. Hope you will be able to find them.

The Old Man

Aha! I can send them on this email. Restorations 9-16-11 003.jpg Restorations 9-16-11 002.jpg Restorations 9-16-11 001.jpg

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here is a magnum 'carry' i picked up this past week; bobbed hammer, night sight, light trigger pull etc.. Is this a stainless steel finish on this revolver or something else?

1 - 20 of 397 Posts