Colt Forum banner

381 - 393 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
This one is #3 for me in the Bijan overrun category and #9 of the Detective Special Pinto guns. This particular gun was also kept as a factory display and used a show gun as well by Colt until sold in 2008 at the Greg Martin auctions where Colt sold off most of their guns for the bankruptcy. My addiction for these guns is real.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
This one is #3 for me in the Bijan overrun category and #9 of the Detective Special Pinto guns. This particular gun was also kept as a factory display and used a show gun as well by Colt until sold in 2008 at the Greg Martin auctions where Colt sold off most of their guns for the bankruptcy. My addiction for these guns is real.
I was wondering who bought that one. I didn't recognize your GB handle but often saw the mysterious SRF person when bidding on other D-Frames. I watched that gun for almost a week and even though it was "reasonably" priced, I decided against it. It was a tough call though because I have one of your closest relatives. "2 of 10" serial number P99548, please meet "3 of 10" serial number P99549.
IMG_6165.jpg

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Consecutive serial numbers... I would have grabbed it if I were you since I also agreed it was reasonably priced. Certainly not a deal but not outrageously priced like so many others that guy sells. The slight extra provenance of being a display and show gun made it easier for me to grab this one. Maybe if the CCA show happens this year I will get to see some of yours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd be happy to bring that '76 Detective Special into service but I'm not into just having a gun and not using it.

Here's my circa 1966 Detective Special with a recently added Tyler T-Grip. Lots of folks love the look of T-Grips but I think they look dreadful. They do add a good measure of control and shoot-ability to a revolver without having to go to tacky, clingy, and unappealing rubber grips.

:):)I had one like yours but without the added Tyler T-Grip onle a plain Jane Detective Special, it was very, very accurate!!!!!!..., even not intended as a long range marksman gun, at 50yd (slow pistol target shooting) in single action, with standard velocity ,not +P loads, 158gr LN Winchester facory ammo, I was able to score 5 shots in the "black" all arround the 8 to 9 circle!!!!....I was able to do this with the beneffit of the high profile fixed front sight issued with this gun, which I painted with red oleo paint, in order to see my sights well (to have a good contrast for the black circled target)!!!! It is an AWESOME SELF DEFENSE handgun at only 21oz, and it could stand the Super-Vel 110gr JHP/JSP +P ammo very well!!! Congratulations for your gun ,keep it running!!!!....:):)
Best Wishes
Roberto Renauld

·
Registered
9 Posts
My favorite old DS. Dad gave it to me some years ago. A real pleasure to shoot after all these years. Makes me wanna get a couple of newer ones.
B5ADD53D-93E9-40AB-8956-000C2F1FC3DC.jpeg

B5ADD53D-93E9-40AB-8956-000C2F1FC3DC.jpeg

Attachments

381 - 393 of 393 Posts