Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have I believe a third generation Detective Special. It has a shrouded ejector rod and rubber grips, it is almost like new, no flaws 20 rounds through the pipe. No box. Serial number P128XX. I want to sell it but dont know the value, need help.

·
Premium Member
6,467 Posts
It looks like it was made in 1981. Unless there is something unusual about the gun, I don't think the rubber grips would be correct. Assuming blued finish I would guesstimate the value at about $550 to $600. Are you sure you want to sell this one? Think twice before you do. If you are intent on selling list in this forum's Classified Section. As always, JMHO.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the response, it is blued, very bright and beautiful, no nicks, scratches or rust, like new. It always had the rubber grips. 1981 is about when I bought it for the wife for house defense, I always worked night Patrol for the S.O. and she hated autos. Spots in picture is just dust. Detective Special 8.jpg Pat

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The grips aren't original. The Colt/Pachmayr grips which came on the 90's DS had Colt medallions in them. It may have always had rubber grips or rubber grips when you got it but someone changed these grips at one point in time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I am going to put it on calguns soon, I live in norcal. Guns seem to sell for higher prices out here, any suggestions on price. Pat

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Here's what the stocks would look like from a 3rd edition 70's/80's DS and a 4th edition 90's DS with factory Colt/Pachmayr grips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts