Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Who still CCW a Detective Special in this time of semi auto.
Always does my heart good when people make those posts on here asking about what our daily carry guns are, and the detective special still shows up a number of times.

Add me to the list. The Detective Special is my CCW of choice, despite the craze for semi autos. Been carrying my 1968 Detective, and will switch to my 1936 first issue once I get it back from the engraver.

What makes me an odd duck is that I'm in my mid-twenties, but I just don't care for Tupperware guns. Give me the old blue steel and walnut from the old days, and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
The current wait time for a CCW license in my county is now close to 7 months. When I am approved a 3rd Series Dick Special in a Bianchi 9R upside down shoulder rig will be part of my cold weather arms selection.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The current wait time for a CCW license in my county is now close to 7 months. When I am approved a 3rd Series Dick Special in a Bianchi 9R upside down shoulder rig will be part of my cold weather arms selection.
One could almost get a Class III license with that amount of wait time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am thinking about getting one of these for my edc. How well do these revolvers fit on the ankle/shoulder?
I've never done either, so my opinion is certainly not definite (I do waistband carry/pocket), but as for shoulder holster, these fit perfectly. And while I've never seen one on the ankle, I know others have had success with it.

If you don't already have one though, if you fancy revolvers, I'd definitely encourage you to get one. Detective Specials (along with the lightweight variants Cobra and Agent) are great EDC guns that have been a top choice for the last 93 years, and for good reason. There are other good choices out there you might prefer, but I can guarantee it won't disappoint you.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts