Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I am new to this forum and I was hoping to get a question answered. I will make this a short story, but the bottom line is that A guy wants to trade me his Diamondback to me. I would need to get about 750.00 out of the gun, to equal the cash I need for my item. I am not great at rating guns, but to me, it looks to be 90% ? , but there is a nick on the cylinder. My question is this: How much does this nick hurt the price of the gun? I will try to post photos here so you can get an idea. He also offered me a 1911 WW1 commemorative, but they do not seem to sell as well. It is in 98+, but it does NOT have the original mag. it has a Kimberly Mag instead. it also does not come with a box.
Thoughts please... Could I get at least 750, from either of these guns?? I can post pix of the 1911, but I didn't want to hog up too much space.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
I think it would be worth every bit of $750.00 -

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
The minor cosmetic defect is not such a big deal to the ordinary shooter type. It would be an issue to the high end collector and trader, though.
Some references will take off $75 to $100 for things like dings & cracked or chipped grips on ones like that.
That thing is a nice piece and $750 is probably less than what some folks would pay.
I s'pose it is on my bucket list, but there are some others I am interested in as well, that can be had for fewer sheckels.
I will grab one if if stumble across a deal.... Like the deal you got.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for replying, as well as the information. Just as I was thinking I would go ahead and trade, the guy offered me cash for my ring. I wish I could justify keeping the pistol :( Or even trading to get a little profit.Thank you again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.