Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source for a bolt for a Diamondback(D-frame)? Must be original part.I'd appreciate any feedback.Thanks
gagunner

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Pointman.I had gotten their D-frame tune up kit for $32.10 which was suposed to be new parts.The bolt of cause had to be fitted,when I finaly got it in the frame the leg that contacts the rebound lever was too short and the bolt itself doesn't appear to have been tempered.It just bends,has no spring to it.That's why I'm trying to find a Colt part.Do appreciate the comeback though.
Gagunner

·
Registered
97 Posts
Try Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters 412-766-6100 or Jack First 605-343-8481.

Note: If things haven't changed, PHH is open Saturday, but not Monday. PHH may require a FFL, Jack First definitely does not.

If neither of these sources have what you need let me know, I'll post others.

Bob

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,887 Posts
bfoster:

Where is Pittsburgh Handgun now? I lost track of them some years ago, and a internet search in the Pitts area failed to turn them up.

They used to be the over-flow Colt factory warranty repair center. When Colt got too busy, they'd recommend them.

They were GOOD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
dfariswheel,

I'll have to dig out a bill at work Monday, I simply can't recall the address. Rosemary is (I believe) the current owner, she does know her Colts. And if you do manage to stump her, she asks a 'smith that works there who can often answer the most obscure parts application/interchange questions. I know that they still purchase parts direct from Colt, they also purchase new parts from brokers that attend going-out-of business sales. Unitl a few years ago they were a factory warranty center. I don't know if they still are.

Speaking of women who know Colt parts, we lost a real jewell a couple years back when Carol V. left Colt.

regards,

Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to thank you guys for the help.PittsburgHandgun Headquarts had one($45+S&H).Got one new and original from Poppert's Gunsmithing,www.poppertsgunparts.com(215-887-2391) for $20+$4S&H.Now good to go.Figured you might want to keep it for reference if you need parts in the future.Thanks for the help again.
gagunner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts