Colt Forum banner

Colt Diamondback with proof marks? Maybe?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Sandiavista59 
#1 ·
I bought the pistol from a lgs but I don’t have it yet. I was delayed.

It’s a .22 blue 6”

I can not describe all of the proof marks. There are 4 total.
The info I am giving you may not be accurate. I only looked at them with my eyes; not magnified.

One mark is on left side of barrel where it meets the frame.
The other 3 are above the serial #. One of the 3 has the number 81 wrapped by a symbol. Another one resembles a shield with multiple lines inside of it going north to south and east to west. I can’t remember the other.
Below the serial is a stamp: tai minot, ND

Can somebody tell me about it?
I can post pics when I’m cleared to pick it up.

Thank you.

#2 ·
Pics would help but they're probably proof marks from overseas...Germany, UK or similar. The ta minot, ND is probably the initials of the company that imported the revolver back into the US and they're out of Minot, ND.

#4 ·
The other 3 are above the serial #. One of the 3 has the number 81 wrapped by a symbol. Another one resembles a shield with multiple lines inside of it going north to south and east to west. I can’t remember the other.
I’ll have to see it to confirm my hunch, but this sounds like the Munich proofhouse, West Germany, 1981.

PS: If they look like this, I’m right.

#5 ·
I think that is exactly what they are. One of your stamp shows 71 and mine is 81.
Do you know why?
And the stamps on mine are above the serial # except for one which is on the barrel where it meets the frame.

I will post pics as soon as I have it but I was delayed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.