Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought a nice Colt Double Eagle like new in the box, FOR $529.00 it REALLY has a nice Double action on it.does any know the DOB SN#7700?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,693 Posts
The public ally available Colt serial numbers end in 1985.

The Double Eagle was introduced in 1990, so there are no numbers available.

To get a production date, call Colt during business hours and they will give you a date over the phone.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's one of my favorite pistols. The Commander in .40 was my third acquisition. With the weight and full grip, it made recoil nill.

The DA is a bit long, but can be improved. The Mark II had an improvement, mainly, a bunch of parts didn't come flying out when one removed the right stock.

A little history behind of the DE:

In August 1991, Heckler & Koch, Inc. and Colt's Manufacturing Company were awarded contracts with the US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) for the development of an Offensive Handgun Weapon System (OHWS).

USSOCOM directs the activities of some of America's most elite military units, including the Navy SEALs, Air Force Special Operations Wing, and the Army Green Berets, Rangers, and Special Operations Aviation.

The Double Eagle was the basis for Colt's entry into SOCOM's Offensive Handgun Weapon System program.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The early double eagles had a problem in that when the right grip was removed, pices fell out.
I believe the problem was fixed with MK lll

1 - 6 of 6 Posts