Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Colt Custom Shop Fire Blue Package include trigger as well as screws and cylinder pin on "BP" Frame? I could not tell from Custom Shop info.
Why were Early Colt Single Action Screws, Cylinder Pin, and Trigger Nitre Blued?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am waiting for two different Colt Custom Shop orders that include two SAAs with the fire blue package.

According to one of the Sales order description, Fire blue package includes (external screws, base pin and ejector rod head), sorry no mention about trigger.

Hope it helps,

Javi

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
I think you can add or delete parts from the fire blue list when you order....if there is a component you can't or won't do, they will let you know....but always ask for exactly what you want, they are accommodating....don't assume you are limited to the specifics on the price list.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Does Colt Custom Shop Fire Blue Package include trigger as well as screws and cylinder pin on "BP" Frame? I could not tell from Custom Shop info.
Why were Early Colt Single Action Screws, Cylinder Pin, and Trigger Nitre Blued?
Custom Shop Fire blue Package ( I am a Custom Shop Dealer)
Screws
cylinder base pin (retaining screw for BP frame cylinder pin)
ejector rod head

Does not include: Trigger, hammer,etc

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
If you don't care about lettering the gun, all of the small parts could be fire blued by someone other than Colt. Project would probably be cheaper and have a much quicker turnaround time.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Trigger is not included in the fire blue package but the CCS will fire blue it if you ask; I did on my NFSS (pictured below). I think they just don't look right when the trigger is left out of the fire blued package, but that's me

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I agree! I believe the Trigger, Cylinder Base Pin, and Screws were Nitre Blue on Colt Single Actions until 1913. Have not read anything about ejector head - correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts