Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

On the heals of just purchasing and obtaining from my FFL a brand new circa 2013 Colt Gold Cup Trophy 1911 in Stainless (have to clean her tonight!), i have an opportunity to trade into another nice Colt 1911 (for another gun i have) - a 1995 unfired complete NIB Colt Gold Cup National Match in Stainless.

The Ivory's do not come with. He wanted $600 for the legal ivories (I'm passing on those). This is also an enhanced model. The value of the gun from the seller is $1400 - does that ring true as a good deal, fair deal, or bad deal?

Thanks for your insights.

Kraaaken
Newbie 1911 owner (veteran Python owner)
Gun Trigger Everyday carry Airsoft gun Multi-tool
Material property Silver
Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol Gun accessory

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I'd pass on the ivories, you can get a set for $300 from Nutmeg or the other sellers. The Gold Cup your looking at isn't the bright stainless like the one Tony has which means if it gets rub marks there's less heartburn. Have you had a chance to hold the gun? It's not going to feel like your Trophy because of the different grip safety. For me the price is a little high, but I'm a cheap bastard.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
For pricing perspective I sold an enhanced 38 super government with no box or extras for 1350. I know that the 38 super is a different animal but the enhanced guns seem to be climbing in value pretty quickly

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have been looking at ivories also, but I think for my wallet the imitations will have to do. I'm on my second GCT, it definitely is a nice shooting 1911. There are other posts where I related my experiences with the first trip to the range with a GCT, so I won't repeat it here.

And Tony, what can I say.... One of these days I am going to vacation again in Gatlinburg and hope for a personal tour of your gun safes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.