Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a nearby gunshop this morning to check out a gun on their web site. Turned out to be a very nice Mark IV, Series 80, Gold Cup National Match, produced in 1986. The previous owner had installed a FLGR, which I've replaced with a standard GR and spring cap. It has a replacement extended slide stop, and I believe the grip screws are replacements for original slotted head. There are no marks on the breach face, and the only marks seem to be an "idiot" scratch behind the trigger.

Reactions: MtnSpur and Colt-SL

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Very nice gun. Here's one of mine sporting ivories..

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Looks nice. Gold Cups did not change for many, many years from a distance at least. Below is my 1977 MkIV Series 70 I bought new that year over a 1988 MkIV Series 80 I bought a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
We are forgetting the SS GCNMs. I have a 1988 I bought used a few years ago. Very nice pistol. I put Silverwood grips from the old Ajax Co. on it and yes, the grip screw are not original.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the "new" one and a recently acquired Series 70 together. I also have a Series 80 GCNM in stainless. It was produced in 1986, also.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the four of mine together for a family photo (Also posted on the GCNM thread) -

·
Premium Member
9,820 Posts
Remember, "real" Gold Cups have wide triggers! Wide-trigger Gold Cups of any vintage are becoming highly collectable, and represent a different time and philosophy at Colt.

A correct slide stop lever should be easy to find to finish returning the subject Gold Cup to original appearance.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remember, "real" Gold Cups have wide triggers! Wide-trigger Gold Cups of any vintage are becoming highly collectable, and represent a different time and philosophy at Colt.

A correct slide stop lever should be easy to find to finish returning the subject Gold Cup to original appearance.
It looks like Cylinder and Slide has the correct one. I'll be ordering one shortly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.