Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
colt folks,
i have a chance at 2 nib colt gold cups,serial numer ends with a e.these are mk 1v guns.stainless new with colt wrap around grips.what does the e mean or stand for in serial number??
thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Call to colt might be warranted. Good luck!

E may mean “enhanced
”?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks kraaken,
i have seen the E on end of numbers on early stainless gold cups before

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
As already mentioned the "E" stands for Enhanced:
-Undercut trigger guard
-Duck bill grip safety
-Skelitonized hammer
-Wraparound rubber grips (the front grip serrations disappeared)
-Flat top slide
-Started in about 1992 till about 1997 when the Gold Cup Trophy debuted.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks guys
the colt gold cup stainless is a series 80 mk 1V
the right side has gold cup
national match and the cup on right side.
serial number is sn15362 E

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Here is a 1996 GCNM MkIV Series 80 Enhanced. And, as mentioned, note the undercut trigger guard, hammer, grip safety, lack of serrations on the front of the frame in the grip area and also with the enhanced Gold Cups Colt moved the still angled cocking serration rearward. This came with rubber wrap around grips which I replaced with some wood stocks from Raasco.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
And as far as the serial number and when it was made I would call Colt on their toll free number. I think they may be on Christmas break right now by the way. I called Colt on the 96 in blue which has a serial number of FN10xxxE. In those days the blue ones had serial numbers that started with FN and the SS ones had serial numers that started with SN.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I plugged your serial# into the Colt serial# database and 1995 popped up. However, the 2 Model O model#s that are associated to that serial# are not Gold Cups. I would also recommend calling Colt in the new year and confirm the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts