Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited this gun from my Dad. I believe he bought it back in 1984.

My understanding is that the grips are not original. Can someone here confirm this and point me to a source for original grips? These are comfortable, but I'd really like to put it back to stock. I'm also looking for a decent quality holster for it. Any help there would be really appreciated.

Anyway, here's the gun:

Anything anyone can tell me about this would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Colt-SL

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have mine in an ISW from Don Hume leather. style H715. Great holster and have used it for 10 years or more. I highly recommend these. I also use the same style for my Pocket Nine. Used foe EDC for about the same amount of time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There are several places you will find the grips. Just do a search on google for Colt Govt 380 grips. Two of my preferred places, if you are looking for very nice grips, is Nutgmeg Sports and CDNNinvestments. I really like the Ivory grips I got from Nutmeg and Wood grips from CDNN. Here is a pic of my baby. Enjoy yours

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I took off the factory black panels and installed ivory from Nutmeg. The pistol thanked me and I still smile when I see her waiting to go for a ride ;)

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Still looking for an OWB holster like the Done Hume 721OT but they don't make them for the GM .380 any longer. DeSantis used to make a #2 that was similar, that was discontinued also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, gang.

Again, I'm looking for molded rubber grips. They don't need to be original Colt grips, but something similar would be great...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts