Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago I purchased a Stainless Government Model .45 ACP with Rail marked ( 100 years of service ) model number 01070RG. Thought this would make a nice collectable in addition to my other colt 45's, 10 mm's and Woodsman's. Got it out today to wipe it down and check it out and was surprised to find the following. Got the bore light out and discovered the barrel has no rifling in it. Smooth as a baby's bare you know what. Has anyone else had this discovery from a new pistol from Colt and what can I do about it two years after I bought it. ????

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
You're the first person I've heard of to have this specific experience but I doubt it stands alone. Colt sells replacement barrels for your gun for approximately $130.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the barrel it is marked --colt 45 auto N.M.-- What does the N.M. stand for. ???

·
Administrator
7,330 Posts
I has a lifetime warranty . Also once Colt inspects it , it will be obvious to them that it's a factory issue . I'm betting you will get the barrel replaced at no charge .

Let Colt handle it .

·
Registered
6 Posts
You're the first person I've heard of to have this specific experience but I doubt it stands alone. Colt sells replacement barrels for your gun for approximately $130.
NM = "National Match". There should also be a"PM" on the side of the barrel lugs that hold the link. This indicated it passed inspection by a Colt QA technician.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK, thanks. My first pictures posted. Didn't come out very well. Need to be larger. Well then it appears that I have an expensive snake gun. I better load up some .45 auto shot shells. Ha, Ha.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pistol is off to Colt and will arrive on Monday for barrel replacement. Hope it doesn't take 6 months to a year as everyone says it will.

·
Administrator
7,330 Posts
Pistol is off to Colt and will arrive on Monday for barrel replacement. Hope it doesn't take 6 months to a year as everyone says it will.
You bought it two years ago and just noticed it ,,, so I'm not sure what the hurry is ;)

Just kidding of course . Good call . They'll get it done right .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, took everyone's advice and sent the pistol back to Colt. They paid shipping both ways and today I received my 45 rail gun back with a new match target rifled barrel in it. ( NO COST ). Not bad, sent it out on Sept. 9 and received back on Oct. 7. Thanks for all the replies and advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts