Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I’m new around here, and had a question that hopefully can be answered here. I saw these custom grips on a colt python a while back and was wondering where I might be able to find a pair like these? I asked the man at the counter and he said they came like that, and has no idea where the original owner got them does anybody have a guess where I might?
7AC8FF54-0476-4FC1-8916-5CE07ED303E6.png

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
These are not carved, but would look very nice on your Python! They were made by John Culina (a highly reguarded grip maker!) out of Black Walnut wood and have a set of early (pre 1924) Colt medallions set into the wood. They are the "deep dish" type with both ponies facing forward! See my add in the classified section for price. The mounting screw is included. SOLD

R72 FC BW FC2 (1).JPG

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,543 Posts
As above, I suspect these are a set of older Rosewood Eagle grips.
Eagle has made carved fancy wood grips for revolvers in the past, but they don't list any now.

I'd suggest contacting them and ask if they'll do a custom set for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As above, I suspect these are a set of older Rosewood Eagle grips.
Eagle has made carved fancy wood grips for revolvers in the past, but they don't list any now.

I'd suggest contacting them and ask if they'll do a custom set for you.
thank you I’ll give them a call hopefully this will be the right place

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sad news folks I called eagle grips today and they said on their 50 years of business they have never done a grip like this, and who ever did make it is probably dead or retired. he said my best bet would be to look into wood carvers or people who work on knives and make Sutton grips to get something like this done. Does anyway have any other suggestions on what I might do or who to look at?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,543 Posts
About the only option is to do a deep internet search for custom revolver grip makers and contact a few.
There will be some who can make some custom carved Python grips, but it's going to be expensive.

There are a number of custom makers who do some astounding inlaid grips with just about any design you can pay for.
Most only do automatic grips but some do revolver too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
About the only option is to do a deep internet search for custom revolver grip makers and contact a few.
There will be some who can make some custom carved Python grips, but it's going to be expensive.

There are a number of custom makers who do some astounding inlaid grips with just about any design you can pay for.
Most only do automatic grips but some do revolver too.
I’ll give it a try thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay before this post dies officially I just wanna give a big update! After my post here, I was running out of ideas on-where to find these grips, so I just said “why not give it a try” and I called the place that originally had the grips almost two years ago. And asked if the gun was there? She said no and I asked if they kept a log of what has been sold or if they knew who bought cause of the grips that were on it. And she said “I know the guy who bought them and he calls all the time, so I’ll send your number to him and see if he’ll sell them to you. Long story short he called I bought them and they just came in! So there’s a happy ending to this story

1 - 20 of 21 Posts