Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Im new to the forum. Just started collecting colt revolvers. What’s a grizzly worth these days? I have opportunity buy grizzly excellent condition with papers and box $4800
thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hello
Im new to the forum. Just started collecting colt revolvers. What’s a grizzly worth these days? I have opportunity buy grizzly excellent condition with papers and box $4800
thanks
Scott
Buy it: Worth more than that even without the box and papers. Keep in mind that there are many many many faked boxes and papers. If you have a pic of the box showing the end label forum members can verify the authenticity but as I said its worth that without the box and papers in excellent condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for info and advise. How much do they go for usually? Made 500 or 1000 of them ? I also just purchased anaconda same excellent with box and papers $2100

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Thanks for info and advise. How much do they go for usually? Made 500 or 1000 of them ? I also just purchased anaconda same excellent with box and papers $2100
The value of the Anaconda can vary substantially based on the barrel length and the caliber.

Value of many colts has been dropping for the past year or two including Grizzly's and Anacondas. If the Grizzly has the original box/sleeve (not just the blue inner box) its worth more than the asking price. Seen them sell for mid $5k range to the low $7k in the past 3 months.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Has everything but the outer sleeve.
Others will probably disagree with me but without the outer sleeve its a "boxless gun" and on a top condition example of that gun I think the sleeve is worth $1000. As I said I bet several on this forum will think my $1000 number is ridiculous but to a collector that wants complete to condition examples that is my opinion. I still think the gun is worth the asking price if the gun is in excellent condtion (it can be fired but shouldn't have any serious scratches, dings, dents, doinks, etc). Basically it can have a turn line and I think the price is fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts