Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just up loaded some new serial numbers of Known Survivors in the Colt Group files. Anyone interested in these fine Revolvers take a look. IP

NEW COLT GROUP UP AND RUNNING, GIVE IT A TRY.

I'm still suprpised there is not much activity on this COLT forum, doesn't anyone Collect or shoot Colts in this day and age.

Again, on to the point, being that there's just about no activity on this Colt Forum I started a Colt Group in Yahoo Groups for Collecting and Shooting Colt Pre War Target Revolvers.

It's open to anyone that has an interest in these fine Guns. I've up loaded about 50 pictures and serial number records for the all of the different Target Models, plus have been doing a study of and recording the serial numbers of know surviving examples for about a year.

I've gotten these from Sale List, Auctions, and Gun Shows. If anyone would like to add to the numbers of know survivors please send them to my private e mail address at [email protected] No owners names will be used with the numbers so no one will know who owns what.

Give it a try if your interested in these fine old Guns. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I realize that this is a very specialized field of Colt collecting and Shooting but there must be someone interested in this area other than myself.

The address of the Colt Group is:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1

Give it a try.

Best Rrgards
Ira Paine

[This message has been edited by Ira Paine (edited 11-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Ira Paine (edited 12-05-2002).]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Flusher,
It's hard to belive that this forum is over 2 years old and only has about 250 members and no action. I thought that Colts were a more popular collectors item than S&W's, guess not. The S&W forum has over 2000 members and lots of action ?. My Pre War S&W Target Gun collection is about complete so thought I would start on the Colts but this group is about dead so I started a yahoo Colt group thinking it would be easier for most to use, guess not as your the only one that has repled. Oh well at least there's two of us and being there's no interest in Colts we should be able to buy them for little or no money :>). IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flusher:
How are you doing JM? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Ira Paine (edited 11-12-2002).]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, Add one more to the group. I've been watching this forum for about a year now,but everytime I visit there is not much new to read so I just never bothered to register.I can't believe there isn't as much interest in Colts anymore because I sure can't buy any good ones cheap.I think it's a lot easier to find a deal on a nice old S&W vs a like Colt. I have collected and enjoyed the older versions of both brands for years. The S&W forum is very active and a good place to find out just about anything you would ever want to know about those guns with new information added regularly. Maybe with enough time,this forum will show a little more activity ....hope so. I know for a fact there is a boat load of Colt collectors out there,it always requires demand to keep prices up on anything. They are way up on many Colt models....maybe that's some of the problem,new potential Colt collectors being almost priced out of the market from the start. By the same token,many of the most desirable old S&Ws are getting right up there in cost also ...I don't see nice examples of either brand ever getting any cheaper for the most wanted models.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Barrocky,
I agree, there are a boat load of Colt collectors out there somewhere. Could it be that none of them have computers and are spending all there money on guns ?. I don't think so. I know for me it's takes a long time for the pages of this forum to load,
that may be a problem for some that don't want to wait, of course where I'm at I'm lucky to have a phone line.

One of the reasons I started the yahoo Colt group is because it seems to work much faster, can be used with e mail, + has space for storeing pictures, so thought that it would be a much better set up and would become active, will keep trying to get the Colt Collectors and/or Shooters to give it a try, if it dosen't work out in about a month I'll give up but thought it was worth a try.

Barrocky, if you want to give it a try the site is at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barrocky:
Ok, Add one more to the group. I've been watching this forum for about a year now,but everytime I visit there is not much new to read so I just never bothered to register.I can't believe there isn't as much interest in Colts anymore because I sure can't buy any good ones cheap.I think it's a lot easier to find a deal on a nice old S&W vs a like Colt. I have collected and enjoyed the older versions of both brands for years. The S&W forum is very active and a good place to find out just about anything you would ever want to know about those guns with new information added regularly. Maybe with enough time,this forum will show a little more activity ....hope so. I know for a fact there is a boat load of Colt collectors out there,it always requires demand to keep prices up on anything. They are way up on many Colt models....maybe that's some of the problem,new potential Colt collectors being almost priced out of the market from the start. By the same token,many of the most desirable old S&Ws are getting right up there in cost also ...I don't see nice examples of either brand ever getting any cheaper for the most wanted models.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Ira, Maybe we will have to talk some of the S&W forum members into spending a few minutes over here once in a while. I know a lot of them have Colts,even if they don't mention them often. I'll have to figure out why I can't get off the first page at Yahoo. I think maybe you might have to register with a new password on every different board they have. I already have 2 different Yahoo IDs but can't get it to accept either of them. I'll try it again. What can I say? I'm not much of a computer guy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello,

I'll check this group out.

And, once again, thanks for the data you sent along on the 32 Colt New Police OMT s/n's.

Bob Foster

Yahoo is sending a bunch of requests for data from my machine that my security hardware (a Watchguard firewall) is quite rightly blocking. Thus I have the "option" of disabling my firewall or not using this group.

Bob

[This message has been edited by bfoster (edited 11-13-2002).]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Barrocky, and Flusher,
I see both of you got into the Colt group ok. When you get the time please check out the Files section and let me know if it's useful to you, if not Please let me know your ideas on how to improve it. Thanks for looking it over. IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barrocky:
Hi Ira, Maybe we will have to talk some of the S&W forum members into spending a few minutes over here once in a while. I know a lot of them have Colts,even if they don't mention them often. I'll have to figure out why I can't get off the first page at Yahoo. I think maybe you might have to register with a new password on every different board they have. I already have 2 different Yahoo IDs but can't get it to accept either of them. I'll try it again. What can I say? I'm not much of a computer guy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Bob,
I've done a lot more on the serial number data for all of the Colt Target Revolvers, everything from the Single Actions on up to 1945. I've up loaded a lot of pictures that I've taken and some that I've found, and most all of the serial number data to the Files section. I've never had any problems with yahoo and have been useing them for over two years now. If you want, I can e mail you the serial numbers of most any Colt Model but the pictures would take way to long to send, there's about 50 of them.

BTW, I found out what that odd front sight was on that 38 OMT, it's called a Whitex Front Sight and may have been made by King Gun Sight Co. Hope you can get into yahoo without a problem. IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bfoster:
Hello,

I'll check this group out.

And, once again, thanks for the data you sent along on the 32 Colt New Police OMT s/n's.

Bob Foster

Yahoo is sending a bunch of requests for data from my machine that my security hardware (a Watchguard firewall) is quite rightly blocking. Thus I have the "option" of disabling my firewall or not using this group.

Bob

[This message has been edited by bfoster (edited 11-13-2002).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New Colt Group at: www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1

Originally posted by Ira Paine:
I've just up loaded some new serial numbers of Known Survivors in the Colt Group files. Anyone interested in these fine Revolvers take a look. IP

NEW COLT GROUP UP AND RUNNING, GIVE IT A TRY.

I'm still suprpised there is not much activity on this COLT forum, doesn't anyone Collect or shoot Colts in this day and age.

Again, on to the point, being that there's just about no activity on this Colt Forum I started a Colt Group in Yahoo Groups for Collecting and Shooting Colt Pre War Target Revolvers.

It's open to anyone that has an interest in these fine Guns. I've up loaded about 50 pictures and serial number records for the all of the different Target Models, plus have been doing a study of and recording the serial numbers of know surviving examples for about a year.

I've gotten these from Sale List, Auctions, and Gun Shows. If anyone would like to add to the numbers of know survivors please send them to my private e mail address at [email protected] No owners names will be used with the numbers so no one will know who owns what.

Give it a try if your interested in these fine old Guns. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I realize that this is a very specialized field of Colt collecting and Shooting but there must be someone interested in this area other than myself.

The address of the Colt Group is:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1

Give it a try.

Best Rrgards
Ira Paine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts