1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up and running now. IP

NEW COLT TARGET REOLVER GROUP, AT www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1
GIVE IT A TRY.

Well it looks like this Forum has died, it's amazing that there is not more activity about Colts. Maybe it's the way the Forum is set up or ?.

Anyway on to the point, being that there's just about no activity on this Colt Forum I started a Colt Group in Yahoo Groups for what my interest is, Shooting and Collecting Colt Pre War Target Revolvers.

It's open to the anyone that has an interest in these fine guns. I've up loaded about 50 pictures and serial numbers verses years Mfg. to the group Files, plus have been doing a study of and recording the serial numbers of known surviving examples.

I've gotten these from Sale List, Auctions, and Gun Shows. If anyone would like to add to the numbers of known survivors please send them to my private e mail address at [email protected] No owners names will be used with the numbers so no one will know who owns what.

Please give it a try, who knows, you may like it, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I realize that this is a very specialized field of Colt Collecting and Shooting but it's where my interest is and it seems like there's not much info in print on these.

I don't consider myself an "expert" in this field but have been studying and shooting them for about a year, who knows, we may all learn something, and I don't think it can be any more inactive than this Forum.

The address of the Group Site is:

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1

Give it a try.

Best Regards
Ira Paine

[This message has been edited by Ira Paine (edited 12-05-2002).]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just up loaded some new serial numbers of Known Survivors of these fine Revolvers.

Up and running now. IP

NEW COLT TARGET REOLVER GROUP, AT www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1
GIVE IT A TRY.

Well it looks like this Forum has died, it's amazing that there is not more activity about Colts. Maybe it's the way the Forum is set up or ?.

Anyway on to the point, being that there's just about no activity on this Colt Forum I started a Colt Group in Yahoo Groups for what my interest is, Shooting and Collecting Colt Pre War Target Revolvers.

It's open to the anyone that has an interest in these fine guns. I've up loaded about 50 pictures and serial numbers verses years Mfg. to the group Files, plus have been doing a study of and recording the serial numbers of known surviving examples.

I've gotten these from Sale List, Auctions, and Gun Shows. If anyone would like to add to the numbers of known survivors please send them to my private e mail address at [email protected] No owners names will be used with the numbers so no one will know who owns what.

Please give it a try, who knows, you may like it, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I realize that this is a very specialized field of Colt Collecting and Shooting but it's where my interest is and it seems like there's not much info in print on these.

I don't consider myself an "expert" in this field but have been studying and shooting them for about a year, who knows, we may all learn something, and I don't think it can be any more inactive than this Forum.

The address of the Group Site is:

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/COLT-1

Give it a try.

Best Regards
Ira Paine

[This message has been edited by Ira Paine (edited 12-05-2002).][/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually,I think it's picked up just a bit lately. I remember weeks between posts in the past. There still may be some hope yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts